Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Eyes

It's been a while since I checked into the Quaker blogs. I have been in and out of Emerg, had eye surgery two weeks ago, and after a cat scan and another test next week, I'll have another eye surgery. Nothing life-threatening, just damnably inconvenient and time-consuming (you *have* to see the wait times in a Canadian eye clinic to believe them!). I looked like Bride of Frankenstein for a few days, and I'm sure a few more of those days are coming (sigh).

I have had no great moments of illumination during the past month either. I'm not sure if that's a bad thing or a good thing.

However, I came across an article about intellectuals that I thought Quakers might be interested in. It's short and very alerting -- eye-opening, perhaps. (But of course it's not talking about me!)

I hope you are all well, and I'll try to be a thoughtful blogger/reader in the near future (with both eyes).

2 Comments:

At 7:56 PM, Blogger Liz Opp said...

Sorry to hear about your unplanned trips to the doctor! and surgery on top of that!

Hope the recovery continues to go smoothly.

Blessings,
Liz Opp, The Good Raised Up

 
At 8:52 PM, Blogger Johan Maurer said...

I really missed you and selfishly hope that all your eye procedures put you back in weblogical circulation. But in your absence I've re-read a lot of your earlier stuff and--dang, you're a good writer!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home